P1 This is Chayton

My name is Chayton Storm. I am a 19-year-old college student born and raised in Grants Pass Oregon. I moved up to Springfield Oregon in August of last year and have been living with my significant other and best friend. 

We are almost a year down the road and have done well up here since the move. I believe I was more prepared than several people my age and this is thanks to my outstanding parents who taught me to respect myself and those deserving, openness, honesty, and most certainly responsibility. It has been a blessing now that I am on my own and can take care of the people I love the same way I was taken care of.

I work in a Deli as of today, and have met some amazing people. I was worried about not having connections up here and being stranded when in need, but I have learned to open myself up to people willing to help. I do enjoy what I do, but will be leaving the food service game as soon as possible to jump into the world of media and design.

As far as hobbies go, I do a lot of bike riding. I love to explore the streets of Eugene but I frequently visit Eugene’s skatepark with my roommate. We like to go at 2 or 3 am to make sure we can freely enjoy the park to ourselves while working extremely hard to improve our riding skills. 

I also have been gradually building experience and skill with my camera. After leaving Grants Pass, I don’t explore as much, so I have less opportunities to capture new places and moments in life, so I am focusing on portrait photography. I would like to be much further than I am now, but between work, taking care of my living space, and other hobbies, I don’t get around to it as much as I’d like.

I am an avid gamer as well and am currently working on getting new equipment to fit my tastes and needs. I enjoy fps games, but you can’t go wrong with some action or adventure RPG and even some Survival.

Design and creating have been a passion of mine since I could remember. I was very fond of art and drawing at a young age, but haven’t built on those skills as much as I’d like. Currently I have outlined and designed a small personal clothing brand just out of interest in fashion and creating. I am having a few pieces produced just so I can share them with people in my personal life and community.

That is a quick look into the life of Chayton Storm. I have so much more to accomplish and learn, and I am always taking steps towards that goal.

By: Chayton Storm

6 thoughts on “P1 This is Chayton

1. Shaymus Marshall

Hi Chayton, you sound like an awesome and creative person. I am very excited to see the projects you do in this class.

2. Kameron R Taylor

To start off I would like to say this is really well written. I love your flow, and the post seamlessly ties together to paint the picture- you! It’s a really good feeling to be prepared and makes life changes less scary. I’m happy to know that the move went well, and it seems you all have acquainted well in Eugene. Coming from parents that also valued respect, honesty, and openness I totally know where you are coming from, and it’s always great to see other people in my general age group sharing similar values. Since you have gotten more serious with your photography, and are struggling to have that “exploration” feeling, I would suggest bringing your camera around with you everywhere. Portraiture is always fun, but I always get this feeling like damn it I wish I had my camera. I would love to see some 3AM photos of y’all biking. My niche is low-light photography so if you have any questions hit me up!

3. Miya Ott

Using photography to get out and explore is so fun! Whenever I feel the need to get out of the house I tend to bring my camera with me, cause it leads me places I normally wouldn’t go in order to take interesting photos. Also so cool that you skateboard, I’ve always wanted to learn!

4. Riki

In my own photography, I have experimented with taking pictures of objects while changing the perspective as well as choosing what types of lights will illuminate it to give it a very unique look. Otherwise, I too would struggle with what to take photos of.

5. Teresa Hughes

Chayton, A great write-up…thanks for sharing! Sounds like you’ve made the right decision with Multimedia…
    can’t wait to see what you do! Hope you’re enjoying exploring Eugene. Nice pic.