Riddle Answers in A Tree

By Anne Starke

One sheet, two-sheet, three sheets or four…some use less and some use more. What am I?

What has arms and legs, but no head?

What can’t be burned in a fire nor drowned in water?

I have a big mouth and I’m quite a load. I’m not a gossip, but I get involved in everyone’s dirty business. What am I?

Stepping out? Wear me first! I’ll protect your feet from the worst.

Tall and strong, I stay outside. The sun, the rain, they’re by my side. I give birds homes and help you breathe. I even give you fruit to eat.

Here I come and there I go. I move really fast, anywhere I go. That’s why you take me when you’re in a hurry. When I zoom by, I might look blurry.

Kick up your feet, if you will. I’ll keep you company through Netflix and chill. Though you might not notice, I’m always here, to hold your zines, your snacks, and beer.

You say we’re pals, that we’re best friends. But only until the morning ends. You say I give you fuel for the day. And when we’re done, you’re gone away.

Don’t frown at me, I made it clear. Won’t make a difference if you’re near. Just stand in front and I’ll show you exactly how the world will know you.

4 thoughts on “Riddle Answers in A Tree

1. Traci Crimmins

Hey Anne! What a fun theme to use for your answers. I appreciate all the effort you put into creating these!

2. Kristen Chunn

I love the idea you had to put all of the items you could on the tree! I found it to be very enjoyable and out of the box! Also pretty sure we have the same chair 🙂

3. Austin Bonebrake

Hi Anne, I enjoyed that you kept a theme throughout the scavenger hunt! Your photo for the sixth riddle is my favorite, you could have just taken a picture of the tree since it’s the answer but you still went and put a plant in the tree!

4. Gyllian Mullins

I love that you put your own twist on the scavenger hunt, and put most of the items on a tree, that’s awesome!!