here we are, in verse and song

Welcome one, welcome all, to LCC’s beautiful campus- I love it around here! Let’s have a walk around, shall we?

Because of the fantastic rolling chairs and the microwave, I spend the majority of my free time in the media center in building 18. This is the equipment checkout counter, where (when it’s open) multimedia students can check out a whole host of tools to help them with their classwork.

The door on the left leads to the studio with a great big ole green- or, sorry, BLUE screen. I haven’t gotten the chance to play around with the screen yet, but there’s a ton of equipment and props in there to play with, so I bet it’s a blast. Some classes meet in here too, so there’s also a long table with a bunch more of those very good chairs!

If you’re willing to walk on over into the center building, then next up is the Center for Student Engagement. It was too late in the day to get inside, and, well… I’m not actually tall enough to see in through the window. Sometimes we shorties just have to make do with what we’ve got!!!

The art gallery in building 11 is one of my favorite places on campus. Whenever I pass by, I just have to pop in and check things out! Right now, there’s an exhibit by a bunch of faculty members here at Lane. Do you ever think about how, sometimes, art just looks real comfy? It’s hard to tell when something’s meant to be a chair, or a set piece, so… I decided to refrain from relaxing here. Looks like there’d be some good reading available if I had decided to sit, though!

Just outside the art gallery sits one of the most intriguing machines I’ve ever had the opportunity to stare at and wish I had five dollars for. The Art-O-Mat comes with a little sign explaining that it holds a bunch of tiny pieces of art. Apparently, there’s paintings, music, poetry and more! Regrettably, however, it does not take debit cards.

After lamenting my loss, let us make our way back over to the center building, but a couple floors down. The reference counter in the library holds not only a lot of good info, but also a man behind the counter who, when I asked if I could take some pictures, very graciously took a pose like he was working on some very serious business at his computer. Meanwhile, I found myself enamored with the little fungus exhibit off to the side. I’m so sorry, sir- you’re an excellent model, but… shrooms…

I actually got lost trying to find the Health and Wellness Center- one of my classmates and I had to ask for directions. Regardless, the effort was well worth it. If you ever have the opportunity to stop and stand in the middle of this structure, check it out! The acoustics in there are AWESOME.

Back in building 11, I got another good pose from a faculty member. He was used to being a model in there, but he said I was the first person to take a picture of him through the plant on his desk! I can’t imagine why- it’s a real nice plant.

When I got there, I realized that I’d never actually been to the Academic Teaching Center before, and there was a lot in there for me to take pictures of! I actually did take quite a few shots in there, but… I mean, just look at this little guy. I love him. It’s impossible to beat this tiny googly-eyed titan bobblehead.

Not to extend my second apology in one post or anything, but… sorry, Judy. I didn’t know she was in her office, so I was lying on the floor, trying to get an interesting angle of her closed door, when she caught my classmates and me taking pictures and came out to greet us. She agreed to let us take some nice photos of her at work, but none of them could hold a candle to this one!

I knew Teresa was still in class when I went to take this picture, so I had no problem snapping this one through the window. Is it weird that I’m just really enjoying the different materials of the walls in here? You’ve got a pretty nice workspace, Teresa! I also really like the cute little figurines in the window.

Dearest reader, our tour is reaching its close! If you’re here from class, I hope this post is interesting enough among all the other versions of this assignment. (If you’re not here from class- what are you doing here?! That’s wild! I hope you’re having a good day!) I certainly have had fun running around campus! Being at LCC has been an incredible experience for a lot of reasons. Here, I feel comfortable to be who I am, and pursue what I love. I’m excited to keep going forward and learning- whether that be about my area of study, or about the world, or about my own self!

Now, if you’ll excuse me, I’m going to go find out what this is all about.

-Amanda