I am excited…

I am excited to be starting both the Multimedia Design program here at Lane and my 4th year in Eugene, OR. My partner and I moved out this way from Tallahassee, FL when she chose to pursue her Economics PhD through the University of Oregon. Oddly enough I was a ‘PacificNorthwesterner’ by birth, but I spent most of my early years in Savannah, GA with my 4 younger brothers.

four boys stand with mother, one wears a graduation cap
BottomLeft Clockwise: Oliver, Henry, Maureen, William, Greyson, Ezra

I currently work as an IT Manager at Twenty Ideas, 20i is a software company in downtown Eugene. Before 20i I worked at Imagination International Inc, an art supply distributor, where I worked alongside engineers, photographers, designers, and many more great people. My favorite parts of my job are helping teams to reduce stress, focus on what matters, and work together harmoniously.

When I’m not at work or school you may find me cycling/longboarding about town, enjoying a tasty beverage & book at the Barn Light, or climbing the leader-board of a competitive FPS. I love Eugene’s rich farmland and am often seeking delicious produce at the farmers’ markets. I’m a voracious reader and love learning new things.

I would love to use the experiences gained from the media arts program to create, refine, and amplify positive patterns. Multimedia arts is an exciting creative field that will continue growing as multimedia experiences become richer and accessible to more people worldwide. I haven’t the faintest idea of what area or specialty I will pursue when I finish. I plan only to give my whole heart to every one and see where things go.

I’m excited to begin collaborating with everyone, especially those of you who are also in the Multimedia Design program and/or its courses.

Thanks for reading!

-Greyson

man's face under neon lights spanning the ceiling

P.S. I have a hard time writing as my thoughts are usually racing along a mile a millisecond. John Keats wrote, “The only means of strengthening one’s intellect is to make up one’s mind about nothing — to let the mind be a thoroughfare for all thoughts.” I doubt he anticipated how chaotic our modern ‘thoroughfares’ could become.

I’m all too often caught in a passing detail and whisked off along all the routes that train of thought may take. It often feels like my conscious attention is an infinite roll of paper that variably speeds along in front of me. No sooner have I finished drawing up a perfect picture of a situation or concept before it’s fading out of sight.

14 thoughts on “I am excited…

1. hughest

Glad you moved from Eugene and are now in Media Arts! I liked the layout of your post. It was easy to read and follow. Nice pic.

2. Alexandre Wirrick-Coad

Hey glad I got to be in a group with you on the first day Greyson, you seem like an very interesting person. As a fellow long boarder Eugene is a great place to just ride around in. As a fellow gamer, I can appreciate a good FPS. Thanks for sharing about yourself and your family. The pictures are also very nice. Thanks!

1. Greyson Yant

Thanks Alex,

I got into long-boarding as I kept getting flat tires on my bike! I enjoy boarding in Eugene as the climate is nice and most of the city is flat. I also did most of my traveling by board, bike, or walking in the last 7 years before moving to Eugene! Maybe we’ll get to incorporate it in a project sometime, being careful to leave the pricey gear out of harms way.

I look forward to our future collaborations!

1. Greyson Yant

Thank you Kaitlynn and right back at yah!

I am in awe over your gorgeous Moon 2019 photo. I’m always fascinated by the calm of night and the unique scenes created by its muted light. However, I’ve always struggled to take good photos in the dark or of celestial objects. Your moon shot inspires me to keep at it and learn the techniques of low-light photography.

Wishing you a most successful journey through the programs and onward into future adventures in stop-motion and puppeteering!

-Greyson

3. Brian McCalla

Sounds like you have a lot of experience in the Media Arts department. I like how you focus on stress reduction too. Have you taken the Human Relations At work class here at Lane? That class offers great information relating to that topic. I hope you have a great term and enjoy the program.

Cheers,
    Brian

1. Greyson Yant

Thank you Brian,

I had not heard of that class, but I’ll definitely look it up and see if it will qualify for one of my electives in this program. 🙂

Hope you have a good time with Media Arts and this term as well!

Peace and long life,

-Greyson

4. Ivy Claeyra

The 2020 Players Championship will be the 47th Players Championship, to be held March 12–15 at TPC Sawgrass in Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida, and the 39th edition held at the Stadium Course. That finish, including one of the worst decisions we’ve seen in a long time on the par-5 11th, https://players2020.live when he went for the green in two from a fairway bunker (against his caddie’s wishes) only to hit the ball in the water short of the green, was rough. It caused him to fall from the lead to a tie for 12th. But for a guy who might have the best shot at winning, getting 16-to-1 odds is tough to pass up.

5. Ivy Claeyra

The Rolex Monte-Carlo Masters, which celebrated its 100th anniversary in 2006, is the first of three ATP Masters 1000 tournaments played on clay. The tournament is a player and fan favourite due to its magnificent location, the Monte-Carlo Masters 2020 Country Club, and long tradition of champions. Spain’s Rafael Nadal has won 11 titles at the event, including an Open-Era record eight successive titles between 2005-2012. The Monte-Carlo Masters is the first of three clay court Masters events and will run from April 12th – April 19th, 2020. The first championships were held in 1987 and great champions such as Mats Wilander, Boris Becker and Roger Federer have played at this tournament. World No.1 Novak Djokovic is a proud Serbian, but Monte-Carlo is a substantial home tournament for him. Djokovic has confirmed his participation at the 2020 Monte-Carlo Masters, which begins from April 12 and will conclude on April 19.

6. Ivy Claeyra

Conference tournament brackets, schedules, locations, March Madness 2020 This year’s Final Four will be in Atlanta on April 4 with the national champion to be determined on April 6.The 68-team single-elimination tournament holds 67 games over 21 days, a jam-packed end to the season that aptly earned the nickname https://marchmadnessinfo.live. No. 12 NCAA Tournament seed as the champion of the Midwestern Collegiate Conference. That was more than three decades ago, and not much is the same. The MCC renamed itself the Horizon League, but Xavier hasn’t been a member for two decades. Larkin now analyzes XU games on the school’s radio network. And those games are contested primarily in the Big East Conference and televised nationally either on Fox Sports or CBS Sports Network. The Musketeers have made 25 NCAA appearances since, but only on the rarest of occasions have they entered as a double-digit seed.

7. All Sports News Update

The victor of the 2020 Players Championship will get paid liberally. As indicated by the Associated Press, PGA Tour magistrate Jay Monahan declared a tremendous increment to the tote of the PGA Tour’s leader occasion during the yearly players meeting held for the current week at Torrey Pines. The all out handbag will allegedly increment to $15 million and the champ will bring home $2.7 million. The $2.7 million payday would be the most elevated champ’s payout on the PGA Tour. Not including FedEx Cup reward cash passed out after the Players Championship 2020 Live Reddit will be the 47th Players Championship to be held at TPC Sawgrass in Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida, on March 12–15 and the 39th edition to be held at the Stadium Course. For 2019, the Players Championship was postponed to fit the PGA Championship heading to May, so when is the 2020 Players Championship. Since the first tournament in 1974 that was played at the Atlanta Country Club and was originally known as the Tournament Players Championship, the tournament has always been on the PGA Tour calendar. It was conceived by PGA Tour commissioner Deane Beman for the first time and has had different date changes and was played in February, March, May. September.