A Little About Me

Hello!

My name is Kailey Slocum. I have also been called ‘Rapunzel’s cousin’ because I had four feet and eleven inches of hair before I cut it and donated thirty inches to an organization called Children with Hair Loss.

There are so many hobbies I enjoy, and only a few of them are: paper crafting, reading books, listening to music, writing in journals, riding horses, drawing, and taking photos with my point-and-shoot camera which I’ve had since I was about ten. Most of all, I like to make things look good, whether it be setting the table for Thanksgiving dinner, organizing papers, arranging home decor, or designing cards on PicMonkey.

Here at Lane Community College, I am currently working towards the Associate of Arts Oregon Transfer degree and the Associate of Arts Multimedia Design degree. I chose Multimedia Design because of its combination of media. As I learn a variety of skills, I am hoping to find my niche! Although I would like to put my associates degree to use as soon as I graduate from LCC, I may end up transferring to a university instead so that I can receive a Bachelor of Arts.

By: Kailey Slocum

3 thoughts on “A Little About Me

1. John Kneisler

Hi Kailey,
    I can’t believe your hair was almost 5 feet long! That is amazing! You definitely earned your nickname Rapunzel! How tall are you? It must have gotten caught in all kinds of things! But it is great that you were able to donate it to a good cause!
    I look forward to seeing the work you create with what sounds like an adept attention to detail.
    See you in class,
    John

2. Joe Hendrickson

Yo Kailey,
    I still can’t believe your hair was that long! how long did it take to get it there?

3. hughest

Good post. Sounds like you must always be busy…so many interests and talents! Nice how you have your post divided into 3 blocks and greyed…makes for easy reading. Great pic of yourself.