F19-P1 I want to talk about ME

It’s me, Jocelyn, your friendly neighborhood plant lady! When i’m not obsessing over plants i’m out exploring and photographing nature. My life wasn’t always full of epic adventure, I’m originally from Florida and lived there until I was 23 years old. During that time the adventures were kept to a minimum because in Florida.. well, you kind of just go to the beach. Eventually I packed up everything and headed out to Colorado! I started taking more and more pictures because let’s face it, mountains make for more dramatic photographs than beaches do. After a year and a half of living in Glenwood Springs, CO I knew the ski town life wasn’t for me and packed up everything yet again and moved to Oregon! You could say that Oregon was calling to me. Something about the dramatic coastline, lush green forests and lack of snow in the valley.

After attending a few  community colleges over the last 7 years and traveling the world in between school trying to find out what it is that I really wanted to do with my life, I feel as if I have finally found a degree that is perfect for me here at Lane CC. By learning the software and how to properly edit and shoot videos/ pictures I hope to eventually intern for one of my favorite photographers; Chris Burkard. It’s a goal of mine to document the most wild areas in the world and showcase just how important conservation is.

When i’m not in school I find myself hiking with my rescue dogs and taking pictures. I also enjoy reading books, doing yoga and learning  about plants specifically; Herbalism. Fantasy is my favorite genre whether it’s a tv show, movie or book. I recently got back from a trip to the UK and look forward to traveling to South America next year for the solar eclipse. My main focus in life is to keep doing the things I love until it lands me the job of my dreams!

By: Jocelyn Duckworth