F19-P1 About Me

Hello Everyone.
If you know my blog you know my name. Just in case, my name is Roberto Casillas. Born in Redlands,CA and lived in and out of the country after my 18th Birthday. The last place I lived was in Fairbanks, AK. I lived in Alaska for 5 years until in 2016 I moved to Eugene,OR. Moved to Oregon mainly because of the weather. I love rainy days. I am a retired Army Veteran. My service ended when I was medically retired due to a terminal brain injury and post traumatic stress disorder from my tour of duty. I now enjoy a life of peace and tranquility in a mellow city.

In this mellow city, I am currently in my third term in the Multimedia Design Program and I am loving it. I got into the program because of the ability to be creative and use the art that I come up with.  After completion of the program, I will get into making surreal digital art and get into making horror films. I am influenced by Gregory Crewdson, H.P. Lovecraft, Neil Gaiman, and Ralph Steadman. I hope to share my vision of the world within my mind with those willing to explore the mind of a madman.

3 thoughts on “F19-P1 About Me

1. Audrey

I appreciated your blog entry, and your photograph is amazing. Horror is certainly my favorite genre, and I like few of the artists you mentioned as influential to you and your own creations. I look forward to seeing your work!

2. Brian McCalla

Hey fellow vet! Not sure if I’d call this a mellow city, but if it’s more tame than what you’ve seen then fair enough. I look forward to seeing what you do in the program.

Cheers,
    Brian

3. Teresa Hughes

Nice post, Roberto! Well-written with ease…shows interesting life experiences…thank you for sharing.
    Sounds like multimedia is the right program for you. I look forward to seeing your work. Let us know when you visit the Ralph Steadman retrospective at the JSMA…it just opened and runs through Jan. 19th.
    Thank you for your service to our country. I hope Eugene will continue to be good to you.