Academic Bio: Audrey Scully

My name is Audrey Scully, and my pronouns are they/them. I am currently enrolled at LCC as a Multimedia Design student, and have completed my first year. My goal is to expand on the skills and knowledge that I currently have, and learn completely new skills. With the completion of this new quest for knowledge, I hope to begin a career as an Arts & Entertainment Journalist, as well as to further personal artistic endeavors.

I currently write and photograph for the Torch, LCC’s award-winning student newspaper, and for Lane Arts Gallery. I volunteer my time for WCAT, Whitaker Community Arts Team, doing design work,  and photography. I also have had many publications as a freelance writer, designer, concept photographer, and photojournalist.

Tangible print media is my passion. I enjoy to report on arts and entertainment that builds community and culture, and that drives conversation that asks more than just the surface-level questions and genuinely hear the response. In this web connected, digital world, society is facing an all-time deficit of empathy for one another. 

Art has the power to provoke thought and catalyst change. Art can transform minds, individual lives, and collectively, entire societies. This is why I create, what interests me in the things that others are creating, and what motivates me to write about it and share it with others.

3 thoughts on “Academic Bio: Audrey Scully

1. Alexandre Wirrick-Coad

Hey Audrey, I think we really agree on what Art can do for society and I think thats really cool. I also think being apart of the LCC’s torch is incredibly awesome. The picture you have posted of yourself is great. the white background really contrasts well with your tattoos and hair. Using a black and white filter was a great choice. Thanks for sharing your story. -Alex

2. Brian McCalla

Hi Audrey,
    That’s quite a resume you got there. You seem to be a very ambitious person. I look forward to seeing what you cover in your journalism and hope you enjoy the program.

Cheers,
    Brian

3. Teresa Hughes

Well-done post, Audrey! You bring many good skills to MUL101 and I can tell you are comfortable with writing and sharing your thoughts with others. It’s great that you are involved with campus life at The Torch and with the community through WCAT. I look forward to seeing what you can do with the various projects for class. Teresa