Snow Days – Jacob Adams

“All I had to work with was a couple of ideas I had scribbled down, and an idea to tell a story of a fun time in the snow…

Eugene had quite a snow storm during February 2019. I wanted to make the most of it!

I started the week with a sledding trip close to Union Creek, located in the Southern part of Oregon. The week was then finished with a beautiful drone flight over Eugene’s Downtown area.

“I wanted to tell a story of some fun with the snow. Here’s what happened during the production.”

February 19, 2019

10:00 pm

I was invited up to Medford, Oregon to go sledding with some friends.

February 23, 2019

12:24 am

As I traveled over the Sexton Pass, I was expecting there to be snow but the temperature was a crisp 47 degrees Fahrenheit. The only snow seen was a small amount along the road.

Traffic travels at normal speed.

February 23, 2019 1:25 pm

I arrived at my destination in Medford, Oregon. I begin to unpack, charge batteries, and get my equipment ready for the next morning.

No snow can be seen on the ground.

February 24, 2019

9:45 am

Packed my equipment in my vehicle and begin the travel to Union Creek.

No snow can be seen on the ground.

February 24, 2019 11:20 am

Heavy rain on the road.

February 24, 2019 11:45 am

The rain turns into snow. Traffic slows and Plows can be seen passing.

February 24, 2019 12:15 pm

We arrived at a park close to Union Creek. It has been snowing for a long time and piles up around us. We unload and begin our sledding adventure. The temperature is in the high 20’s, and I worry that I won’t be able to get all of the shots I was wanting to get.

February 24, 2019 2:30 pm

The day of snow had been really fun. The snow is still falling and limits me to only using my GoPro. I wanted to get some aerial shots but I know it wouldn’t be a great idea to fly my drone with the amount of snow falling.

February 24, 2019 3:45 pm

We pack up and set off.

February 24, 2019 4:30 pm

The snow turns back into to rain as our elevation decreases.

February 24, 2019 5:15 pm

I arrived at the destination, transfer my equipment to another car.

February 24, 2019 6:30 pm

I set off back to Eugene from Medford. Temp is in the low 40’s

February 24, 2019 7:15 pm

I hit the first of the passes. Traffic is traveling well. Temp is below 40.

February 24, 2019 7:30 pm

On the top of the first Pass. Plows are waiting by the side of the road. 36 degrees.

February 24, 2019 8:00 pm

Hitting the next Pass. 34 degrees.

February 24, 2019 8:15 pm

Temperature drops below 32. Snow begins to appear. Traffic slows.

February 24, 2019 8:30 pm

Passing 7 Feathers Casino. The snow is falling fast. Traffic is slow. I switch my SUV to four-wheel drive to help with control.

February 24, 2019 9:00 pm

I get to the Roseburg area, the entire area is out of power. I pull off for fuel but no power means the pumps aren’t working.

February 24, 2019 10:00 pm

I hit the final pass of the trip. Few cars were on the road and the roads were covered in snow. Traffic is slow. 31 degrees.

February 24, 2019 10:00 pm

As I travel down the north side of the Pass, I watch as cars struggle to get up the South Bound side of the pass.   

February 24, 2019 10:30 pm

I get to Cottage Grove which is deep in snow. At 3 inches in the past couple hours.

February 24, 2019 11:00 pm

Arrived in Eugene, as it was also covered in snow.

February 25, 2019

10:00 am

I set out to walk in downtown, it had snowed at least 5 inches by this time. I took some b-roll of the area around. The town is quiet, and few people are out.

February 25, 2019 2:00 pm

Snow stops and I decide to attempt to drive close to Skinner Butte Park. Trees are across the road and the snow is very deep. I continue to used four-wheel drive to help with control.

February 25, 2019 2:10 pm

Following all regulations for the area, I put my drone in the air. I made sure to fly close to myself and in eyesight of the drone. I stood on a picnic bench and had my drone take off from the hood of my car because the snow was too deep for a proper takeoff.

February 25, 2019 2:30 pm

A stressful but successful fight over.

February 27, 2019

3:00 pm

The final b-roll shots are collected and post-production starts.

Final Thoughts

In all, this experience taught me a lot about how to shoot without any type of final script. All I had to work with was a couple of ideas I had scribbled down, and an idea to tell a story of a fun time in the snow…

37 thoughts on “Snow Days – Jacob Adams

1. Business plan consultants

Business Plan Writers | Custom Business Plan Writing Service: Work with our business plan consultants and a professional writer to create a draft that will definitely impress your target audience. High quality custom business plans.

2. Garret Jacob

Generally what I mean by an assignment is an official submission for a qualification. These usually have set deadlines or have to be done before a specific date so the planning of holidays or days off is irrelevant – the deadline remains. Though officially the rules do sometimes allow that holidays and weekends do not count in terms of deadlines which means it is sometimes beneficial to plan an assignment to be submitted after a holiday period and are you stuck in an endless rut of writing assignments and writing? You have landed at the right point do my assignment for me uk because the students get extra time to finish it.

3. shoes

The very next time I read a blog, I hope that it does not disappoint me as much as this particular one. I mean, I know it was my choice to read, but I truly thought you would probably have something useful to say. All I hear is a bunch of crying about something that you could possibly fix if you were not too busy searching for attention.

4. Education

Hello, I believe your blog could possibly be having web browser compatibility problems. When I take a look at your website in Safari, it looks fine however when opening in Internet Explorer, it’s got some overlapping issues. I simply wanted to provide you with a quick heads up! Other than that, wonderful blog!

5. George Faulkner

In this snow weather, we noticed students can’t reach study places like college or university in this situation do my assignment for me always with you to complete your task so be careful don’t take risk of injuries from slips on snow surfaces.

6. Watson Gregory

Grosvenor Casino Manchester Bury New Road – Casino Finder HQ Located along Bury New Road, Grosvenor Casino Manchester offers superior entertainment and has the largest poker room in North-West. It underwent an extensive renovation in 2013 to host 240 players for different poker cash games and daily tournaments.

7. Mike Jordan

Business Selling Ideas | How to Sell Your Company – Mac Lackey: Mac works with entrepreneurs who want to scale their business AND enjoy freedom in their lives by providing Business selling ideas. Find the answer to how to sell my company. Mac and his team work hard to provide FREE content, low cost tools and numerous events for founders, entrepreneurs and innovators but if you are committed to reaching the next level, trying to change the world or just 10x’ing your life Mac wants to help.

8. UFC 251 Live Stream

I visited many web sites except the audio feature for audio songs existing at this web site is genuinely superb.
    You are so interesting! I do not think I have read something like this before.

9. Auto show tickets Chicago

Chicago Area Auto Show | Car Events Midwest | Auto Show Tickets – Urban City Shop: UrbanCityTakeover hosts family-fun car shows and track events near Chicago. Buy tickets for events and car shows at Autobahn Country Club, South Barrington Arboretum, Sonny Acres & Coopers Corner.

10. Duvet covers

Hand Embroidered Linens | Luxury Linens | Cot Bedding Sheets NZ: Adorn your bed in the finest handmade bed sheet and luxury items from Indian Summer Linen. Our product line includes handcrafted products, including linen duvet covers sets, for the utmost comfort.

11. Roku.com/link

It’s not a big deal to activate Roku. Connect the hardware, select the connection method. Wireless method can provide you better output. Wait for the software update to complete. Login into the Roku account, collect the activation code, and then visit the page, Roku.com/link

12. Web Development

Web Development plays a vital role in success of your business website. While web design covers the graphic and layout portion of your website, web development is the core coding that holds your web applications together. A strong web development boosts your web design so that you have an error free and flexible web structure to support your business to grow. Unix Infotech provides web development solutions rooted in creativity and founded in technical expertise. Our web development solutions and skills are being appreciated by the users across the world.

OUR TECHNICAL EXPERTISE
    Open source Web Application Development
    PHP Development
    Portal Development
    Custom Application Development
    Open Sources (Joomla, WordPress, OSCommerce, Drupal)
    E-Commerce Web Development and Shopping Cart Solutions.

13. Mass Texting

Promotion of goods and services is a mandatory practice for businesses hoping to engage with prospects and increase in revenue. With so many channels they can use to communicate with them, mass texting remains the most effective and reliable one even today in 2020.

14. Robe halloween costume

Honestly and honourable I deserve to read it a few more times in order to obtain complete understanding. Really all blog’s have a great idea to generate in a reader mind hope so u will updating your skills with me .