Fun with Emily

Hi, My name is Emily and I am very excited to start Blogging with you guys. I’m a cook, hopeful photographer, black belt in karate and lover of my pets. I also love going on day trips like the beach or hiking in the woods. I can’t what to share all my fun experiences and learn about yours. this is my first time doing a blog, so bare with my while I finger out all the ins and outs. Thank you all in sharing all this with my and helping me start a blog, it’s something that I have been thinking of doing for a while. Lets start having fun!

I have lived in Oregon my whole life in a little house in the country that my great grandparents raised my grandmother and her three siblings. My friends have always said that I am so lucky to have never had to move.

when I was twelve I started one of my biggest adventures…Karate. When my brother started I thought it looked so fun, sadly I was to late to start so I waited. Then that summer I was finally about to start, and it was awesome. I had done ballet and tap before, but I was never really good. Karate came so naturally, and I soon become very good. As with everything I had my ups and down, brown belt to black belt took me three years and the studio it self went though three moves and other things, but we’ve always found way. Now I am a Black Belt. At the moment I am taking a break to focus on school, but I hope to someday come back and continue. If you want to join look up Family Karate Center (FKC) and go to the web site, and have fun.

On January 15th 1997 I was born with a single ventricle heart condition. I have had several doctor appointments, surgeries and other medical things. One of the biggest surgery I had was on February 14th 2001 when I was 4 years-old. (Happy Valentines day).  then when I was 14 I was told I had Protein Losing Enteropathy ( PLE). My doctors put me on a diet of 10 grams or less of fat per meal and as much protein as possible. I was on the diet until a months after I turned 16. It was the hardest two years of my life and I was at one of the most lowest point of my health.  For the last five year I have been the healthiest I have been and I am so happy and blessed.

The Most important thing in my life is my faith in Jesus Christ. I have been a Christian my whole life, and attended Emerald Bible Fellowship ( EBF) with my family since I was born. EBF is my second family, most of my closes friends I have meet there and continue to learn and be uplifted by my faith and the faith in my fellow brothers and sitters. I can’t  imagine my life without Jesus. He has giving me everything a have ever need and more. He has helped  me though my struggles and blessed me with good time.

IMG_0973 2

5 thoughts on “Fun with Emily

1. Elle Kennedy

After reading your post it is safe to say you are a very strong person. Being able to pull yourself out of such heartbreaking events in your life and coming out of the other end with a smile is something you should be proud of. Hopefully you will be able to create beautiful memories for yourself through the tools you will learn in this class and make waves in the future to come.

2. Ashley

Sounds like you have been through a lot Im glad your still able to do your schooling with your health problem. Thats so cool that you are in Karate that always comes handy when someone is messing with you. I also love the outdoors and Jesus Christ as well. I am glad you have a strong faith the Lord.

3. Alison

I’m glad to know theres another Christian in class! I was kinda worried I would be all alone in my faith here at LCC, but it’s awesome that I have something in common with someone so cool!

4. Johnny Bruton

I think it’s way cool that you have a black belt, and even cooler that you got it while you were going through so much! Definitely shows how strong of a person you are.

5. H.L

Hi Emily,
    I never knew karate was part of your life, that definitely will come in handy if you’re in a hard situation. I do hope you get to pick up karate again sometime. Do you ever practice karate moves on your brother?