Who is Elle?

“You should enjoy the little detours to the fullest. Because that’s where you’ll find the things more important than what you want.” — G.F.
1538095128841.jpg
I think the best piece of information to start off with is my name. Lauren is my full name but I like to go by Elle. Elle is the nickname my twin sister Rachel gave me and a name I decided to take to Eugene as a way of having her with me. I am originally from Huntington Beach: a city down in Southern California.
I am someone who is in love with the ocean and can spend my days on an island bodysurfing, free diving, and exploring the different ecosystems within the sea.
A typical day for me is one spent at a cafe drinking coffee and discussing the many topics floating inside my mind with someone beside me. Having the scent of coffee continuously tickling my nose while having the silent chatter of others around me is a luxury I could never take for granted.
The hobbies I enjoy are reading, hiking, traveling, and going to art museums, but the two things in particular I am really passionate about are writing and editing. When I edit I love to launch myself into a project and get completely lost in the process of choosing an audio, playing around with it and picking the right pictures and video clips to perfectly convey the message I want to display. And with writing I love having the ability to have my imagination run free and create a story that can leave the audience grappling with their emotions and questioning the world around them.
I am still unsure of what career I should pursue and what major I should choose but I hope that I can walk onto a path where my creativity can cultivate to even bigger heights and lead me to a life where I can be happy.
By: Elle Kennedy

2 thoughts on “Who is Elle?

1. Emily Williams

Be sure to check out the beaches here in Oregon. They may be colder then your use to, but there’r still fun and have a lot of cool thing to explore to get a lot of good inspiration from.

2. Monica Bustos

Hi Elle, first off, I just wanted to let you know that I love your picture, and I feel like I can relate to you in a way because I used to live in Anaheim myself. I really miss Orange County because of the beautiful beaches but I’m sure you feel the same way. I also find it very interesting that you enjoy writing and editing, I really enjoy story making myself but I tend to do more illustrating than anything. I hope we get to work together sometime and hope to see some of your beautiful work in class in the future.