The Worst First Date EVER.

Screen Shot 2018-06-06 at 3.22.14 PM.png

For my final project, I wanted to make something funny and cringe-worthy for the audience. I feel like this whole term has been a roller coaster of emotions when it comes to school, so ending it on a good laugh seemed like the best idea to me. I understand it may not be funny to some people (it may not be funny to anyone really), but I had a ton of fun making it, and I am very proud of what I have produced!

This short film is about two young individuals seeking love. The two initially met off of “Farmers Only.com” which is a dating site made specifically for men and women who are looking for other singles that are just as deeply infatuated with the farming trade as they are. Here we have a small-town farmer boy in search of  a sweet woman to make his wife. When his date finally arrives, he is shocked to find out his potential suitor is a stuck up city girl who claims she is capable of getting a little dirt under her nails. Will this love last, or will the two worlds collide and end in heartbreak? After all, the heart wants what the heart wants….

I think the hardest part would have to be dealing with the audio. This is something that I have struggled with all term, and i’m sure that if I had better equipment I would have been able to produce something with a little better sound quality, but I think it works well for the most part. I wanted to portray the character’s as polar opposites, who in the end hopefully find love. My main purpose was to make sure that the date went in the wrong direction as much as possible.

I don’t want to say too much because I don’t want to give the story away, so if you’re interested check out my video down below!

4 thoughts on “The Worst First Date EVER.

1. Michelle Slaven

Wow, this really is a horrible date, and yet, they somehow still found love in each other. Lol! Great job!