Resources for Media Arts Students at LCC

Processed with VSCO with c1 preset

This is the Equipment Checkout center where students who are a part of the Media Arts program are able to checkout camera and other equipment for their projects. Finding this was very easy mainly because building 18 is one of the central building on the LCC campus. Since I found the desk with ease, it made wanting to check out equipment much more appealing because of its easy access!

Processed with VSCO with c1 preset

This is the “Blue Cyc Wall” in one of the studios in building 18. The door was left wide open, making me very intrigued and curious to check our this giant blue wall! At the time the I shot this photo, I thought that the door was locked, so I approached on of the employees that worked at the Equipment Checkout desk and he was more than willing to help me out!

Processed with VSCO with c1 preset

Across the way from building 18, I found the Center for Student Engagement. It was a bit difficult finding this center mostly because im not very familiar with the center building quite yet. This bright little sign really caught my eye, and were it not for its color I probably would have never found it! The center was kind enough to pass out free popcorn, and the smell was also a great tool in finding this secluded center!

Processed with VSCO with c1 preset

This is the main Art Gallery on campus, a place dedicated for creativity. It was my first time visiting the Gallery and I was thoroughly impressed by the talent that was presented. Not pictured is another gallery that is to your left right when you enter the building. In the Gallery are drawings of a family that was then blown up to life-size art. I was so in awe about the art that it completely slipped my mind to capture it. I defiantly recommend checking it out to anyone and everyone, and to see for yourself the amazing art!

Processed with VSCO with c1 preset

I have never in my life hard of this machine and at first glance I figured the “Art-O-Mat” might have been used a vending machine for art supplies. My assumption was very wrong, and the man working at the main desk for the art gallery said that it was once used to dispense cigarette’s in its early days! It was a nice touch to the gallery. 

Processed with VSCO with c1 preset

The reference desk in the Library may have been one of the hardest place to find on the campus primarily because it was hidden within the library. Luckily, the sweetest ladies who worked at the library were more than willing to help me find exactly where it was. There isn’t a whole lot to it but a desk island off of the main book checkout area. In my attempt to find the desk, it made me realize that if I’m ever in doubt or lost, I just need to reach out to the staff because they will always point me in the right direction!

image1-3.jpeg

This large Statue wasn’t hard to miss, but the Health and Wellness center was very hard to locate. With the help of campus security, I was sent in the right direction and as soon as I spotted this large silver piece of art I knew immediately that I was in the right place! It is an interesting piece, and I am curious to know the meaning behind it, and why LCC decided to place it in front of the Health and Wellness center out of all places.

Processed with VSCO with c1 preset

This sweet little office belongs to Judy Gates. Although she is not pictured, she made sure that I was able to take the photo I needed! the bright colors and Judy’s sweet character made visiting her office worthwhile. 

Processed with VSCO with c1 preset

The Media Creation Lab was another hidden gem! It was a bit hard to find, but by asking the staff I was able to find it! It was filled with computers and enough space to sit down and engage in work. I’m interested in utilizing this space in the future!

Processed with VSCO with c1 preset

This is the office of Mary Jo Kriendel’s office. She was very interested in getting to know me and my friend, and she introduced herself with much enthusiasm. I really enjoyed seeing all her ceramics, and speaking with her a little about the Media Arts program. Although this is not my major, if somehow down the road I decide to change my major she is the person I will head to first about any questions or concerns  I may have.

Processed with VSCO with c1 preset

Mel’s office was very easy to find, which was nice because I know exactly where to go when I need her outside of class! It was close to the equipment Checkout center, and I just really appreciate how close in proximity everything is. 

Processed with VSCO with c1 preset

These flags feel like home to me every time I see them. At my highschool we had flags around the perimeter of our cafeteria. I spent a lot of time in the cafeteria because I was on dance team and we practiced beneath the flags often. I loved how diverse and inclusive my high school was, and seeing these flags makes me feel like I made the right decision to move to Eugene because everyone is just as inclusive as the community I grew up in. 

Processed with VSCO with c1 preset

The Turkeys on campus are what make Eugene, Eugene. I come from Portland, OR where the only animals that were seen on a daily basis were domesticated, or crows. I have lived in Eugene for 3 years now, and I find it hilarious how I don’t even think twice when I see a turkey wandering around now. I appreciate the fact that I can live in harmony with them, yet in the back of my head im silently praying that they don’t invade my personal space! We’ll see how things go. 

2 thoughts on “Resources for Media Arts Students at LCC

1. Jay Keller

Really love the photo you got of the statue outside of the Health and Wellness Center. The way it pops just really draws your focus to it really nicely! And absolutely love the lighting you got out of the media creation lab too. Just looks really really nice!