The Beat: A Resourceful Blog

There are many sites out there with good resources on post production, and though I like more than a few of them, the blog from PremiumBeat.com is one of my favorites. PremiumBeat calls their blog by a simple name: The Beat. It’s simple and aesthetically pleasant which is fitting because that’s exactly how I feel about the design and content of their blog too.

You can visit it by clicking here or by visiting: https://www.premiumbeat.com/blog/

I chose to show you this site because of it’s simple, user friendly interface, and the fact that it has helpful content covering a couple different aspects of post-production in video editing, which you can easily navigate through by using browsing through the category bar at the top.

Screen Shot 2018-04-11 at 3.44.14 PM

The Beat focuses mainly on using Adobe products such as Premiere and After Effects, but the concepts and tips they give you can usually be applied to any editing program. For example in their post titled, “Video Tutorial: Better, Faster, Stronger Editing Tips” they use terms and give you some tips that are indeed for Premiere, but you can easily take this concept and apply it to any editing software.

Screen Shot 2018-04-11 at 3.49.53 PM

In addition to vast amount of helpful tutorials and helpful tips and thoughts, they also do a good job keeping you up to date with the latest news and tech in the media field. For example their coverage on the National Association of Broadcasters (NAB) Show keeps you up to date with the most important information from one of the biggest media production conferences of the year.

Screen Shot 2018-04-11 at 3.54.45 PM

Overall I think that it’s a very good source of information for anyone starting out in media production. It’s well put together and doesn’t boast their main website too much to try and sell you things, and it also has some quality content. There are other websites I use and perhaps I’ll post my thoughts on those as well soon!

Let me know what you think of PremiumBeats’ blog, “The Beat” in a comment!

4 thoughts on “The Beat: A Resourceful Blog

1. Michelle Slaven

Thanks for posting about this blog. I was really excited to learn about it because it sounds like it has some very helpful tools for the things we are all getting into. I will definitely be looking further into it!

-Michelle

2. Andrew Johnson

This looks like an awesome blog! I am really interested in editing as well, and knowing the Adobe programs is vital! I will be adding this blog to my list of resources for sure! Thanks for sharing!!

Andrew