That One Weird Friend

ApplicationFrameHost_2017-12-25_23-51-09_boi.png Hello! The name’s Shaman online. My full name being Imaproshaman. I’m just someone who likes to create things and to entertain. I love drawing and gaming. I love to make content that other people can enjoy. I run a Twitch channel where I live stream speedrunning different games, that is, playing a game in a specific way and in the fastest time possible. It’s something fun to do and something I often find relaxing. It feels really good to get that self improvement and get a better time on a challenge after spending so much time working towards it. There’s this “proof” that I did that thing; There’s this “proof” that I worked hard and I made it happen. Along with that, I chose to live stream, rather than just upload to YouTube, because when it’s live you can get that community aspect. People join the stream because they like you and want to see what you’re doing, and they can engage, and that’s by far my favorite part: Engaging and giving people a good time with my good, and often bad, gaming skills.

After High School, I chose to go to College. I knew that I wanted to go into a field where I could create. A field where I could use my creativity to possibly better the world. I originally planned on going into Game Design, but quickly realized that it requires a lot of coding and it’s pretty daunting to try and join a program where you don’t already have one of the very basic and very necessary skills in your skillset. So, I turned to the other thing I liked doing: art. I chose to go into Computer Animation, actually. I don’t have much skills, aside from a little very basic 2D images I’ve edited or sketches I’ve made. It’s something that, even with said very limited knowledge, is something that I enjoy doing.

Awkward_Squad_2.pngThis a digital piece I edited. The image is kind of odd, but it perfectly captures my skills in terms of editing over something and my general ability to make something look good. I am just really happy with how it turned out. It’s basic, but I do have some skill in 2D digital drawing.

I heard something recently that ultimately helped me feel secure in the decision to pursue animation, and it was something along the lines of this: “If you have a passion for something, go for it. You may not initially have all the skills, but the skills will come from the passion.”

This has really stuck with me. There’s a great big world out there and I want to help create. I want to make things that other people will like. I want people to know that I like making art related things and gaming, but at the end of the day, I’m still just like any other friend. I’m someone you would hang out with on the weekends and talk about any and everything. That’s my goal. To be my real self even when creating weird content.

By: Scarlett Landon

2 thoughts on “That One Weird Friend