Taking the Leap.

Hello, my name is Hailey! My go-to phrase would have to be “take a leap of faith,” it is a saying that I have stuck with ever since I was in high school. This phrase impacted my life tremendously, in which it was a reminder to always take the harder route, and to not be afraid of the “what if’s” in life. I have made the majority of my decisions with the help of this saying, and because of it have learned immensely about who I should be as a person, and an individual amongst others in this world. The biggest leap I have taken so far would have to be when I decided that I was going to move away for college from my home in Portland, OR to school in Eugene at the University of Oregon. Although it was scary, I knew deep down that I was going to be able to make a real life for myself away from home. Ultimately, the idea of being an adult and having the responsibility to do as I please was far too appealing to stay home and stick to what I knew.

Screen Shot 2018-04-10 at 8.24.06 PM.png

I am constantly thinking about others, and I feel like I have a very good understanding on how people act the way they do, and why they feel the way they feel. I am very comfortable with myself, which is why I devote my attention to others, rather than making my life all about “me.” Whenever I sit down and think about who I am, and how I became this way I realize that the people I have surrounded myself with in life have had the largest impact on my persona. I am caring and compassionate, spontaneous and outgoing. Most of all, I love the life I live and I am thankful for the people that I have met this far in my journey. Life can be scary (the majority of the time), but being scared of what to come is something I don’t waste much time thinking about because I am a firm believer in “taking the leap,” and that if I continue to take the leap, I will somehow, someway, end up where I am supposed to be.

One thought on “Taking the Leap.

1. Patty Kraskoff

Hi. It’s great that you chose to move away from home to pursue your education. There is so much growth that happens that way. I moved from Tualatin for the same reason many years ago and never left. It was one of the best decisions that I’ve ever made. I wish you good luck!