Who Am I?

Hello! My name is Markus Guirand, I am a multimedia major at Lane Community college. I am aspiring to be a music promoter and help give underground artists recognition by filming music videos, band photography, setting up shows, and all that jazz. I always thought I’d be a science major, but as I continued taking the required courses I felt like I was in a rut always asking myself “Is this what truly I want to do with my life?” but I always brushed those questions off believing that was a normal way t

IMG_8931.JPG

o feel about school. It was around this time that my friend suggested to me about making AMVs (anime music videos (please don’t judge me)) so I took him up on it and I began t

o really enjoy it but I only saw it as a hobby at the time. But as time went on I got more and more into it, I started to feel the need to do more with it and to actually improve my skills by starting to analyze what other videographers do in their music videos and how I can make it better. I now manage two pages on Facebook dedicated to my edits MoshiSquad (19k likes) and my most recent one Ōbaka no Kami which is just shy of 2k likes. But in my spare time, I play videogames (Kingdom Hearts and Overwatch are my favorites), and work on long exposure light-painting photographs.

Best of luck to you guys, and let’s all have a fantastic term.

-Markus Guirand

11 thoughts on “Who Am I?

1. Taylor

Thanks for being honest within this I’ve always loved watching Amv’s on youtube so no judgement here and by the way overwatch is my favorite game.

2. Hailey Cowlthorp

Hello Markus! I thought that it was very interesting that you changed from a science major, and had the courage to drop what you thought you were suppose to do, to do what you actually love! I came into college knowing that I was going to be a journalism major, and the only that changed was the fact that instead of being a reporter, i’ve decided to look into advertisement! I look forward to see what material you hace to produce later on in the term!

3. Braden Bollinger

Sick dude! That’s a sweet goal to be a music promoter. As someone who enjoys anime as well, I’d love see check out some of your AMVs.

4. Orion

Your edits are dope! I always wanted to go into the music industry too, thats so cool. What music videos have you shot?

5. Alex Garcia

Hey Markus the whole AMV thing is pretty dope. Growing up, sometimes I would watch them to motivate or even pump me up. Most of the AMV’s I would watch were Naruto and DBZ, my two favorite anime’s.

6. Kacey Baker

Markus, first and foremost I’m gonna say anyone that judges you, can go lay in a ditch and live there. Second, Kingdom Hearts is also one of (if not) my favorite game series of all time, and I can see exactly what you see in the game from your perspective. Simple and Clean (The opening song) paired with that music video is exactly what I see in a description of an Anime Music Video, and if you’re going for something like that, I say hell yeah. It’s also really cool to speak with someone who’s out trying to make a name in the social media world, though you’re far above my level at this point in time! Only people like us know how truly hard it is, and that’s something to be commended.

Very interesting read man, I look forward to the semester with you! Here’s to many more posts!

7. Scarlett

I really like that you went for something that you enjoy. I once heard someone say that you should learn about something you have a passion for, because the skill will come from the passion. Seems like you’re doing cool stuff. Keep it up!