Who Am I?

HelFB_IMG_1522879328622lo, welcome, and En Taro Adun to the Bliznerds out there! My name is Braden Bollinger and I am currently a student at Lane Community College. I have bounced around from major to major trying things I thought I would enjoy, but ended up having very little passion about them. That was until a couple winters ago. Something you should know about me is that I’m a huge gamer, and have been since I was very little. Near the end of 2016 I was watching a stream covering the convention “Blizzcon”. During this stream there was a panel covering the sound work that goes on during development of there games and I have always enjoyed and appreciated the sound in film and games, so naturally I wanted to watch. I was blown away. I thought what they were doing was the coolest thing I had ever seen, and to be honest I was surprised that I didn’t think about pursuing this career before. Well I kid you not, the first thing I did after the panel ended was look for career opportunities and what kind of education I could get, and by the end of the day I was enrolled in my first Multimedia course at LCC.

So that’s what I’m studying but what else can I tell you about me? Well I love food: sushi is my favorite, namely Salmon and Unagi, but it’s hard for me to pass up anything with peanut butter in it, though I wouldn’t recommend putting the two together. I also love to sing, you will often catch me humming or singing to myself when I think nobody is listening, but put me on the spot and I’ll most likely refuse to sing for you. As I said before I’m a huge gamer and am very competitive, though not very good. I like to play basically anything by Blizzard as well as League of Legends, Street fighter, and Player Unknown’s Battlegrounds. But my favorite game of all time is Super Mario 64 or Starcraft: Brood War, I go back and forth between the two.

Anyways, that’s a little bit about me and how I found my passion. Currently I am working towards my aspirations of becoming a sound designer, film and video editor, or really almost any career field in media design. This site will be used mostly for posting my current projects to track my progress and give me some sort of media to communicate on! I hope you enjoy!

Thanks for visiting!

-Braden Bollinger

3 thoughts on “Who Am I?

1. Kacey Baker

Hey Braden, you sound like a pretty interesting guy! I too have loved, played and lived video games for long time, from a very young age! I guess you could call me a Bliznerd too, seeing as how I have a level 110 Monk with over 3mil health, but that’s beside the point. Overwatch is good too! Super Mario 64 will always be one of my classics.

What a way to live to just turn your life around on a dime like that! There’s a lot of work that goes into all design aspects of making and producing art likes games and videos, and sound design is one of the hardest ones! Famous composers don’t often get the credit they deserve, and yet they play a huge role in the way we feel and perceive certain situations within videos and games. Good luck on your journey friend and do the best sound design you can!