Some Context…

In a nutshell, my name is Lauren Scott but a lot of people call me “Lola.” I am an overly happy, dog-loving, introverted-extrovert that adores food and music. Raised in Seattle, Washington I understandably enjoy the rain and love to indulge in a good book. Yes, I’m aware these are common things that most people typically partake in but something I like to think makes me stand out more than everyone else is my constant positive energy and crave for excitement.

Growing up my two ridiculous brothers along with my sweet step-sister and my childish yet responsible dad would constantly be finding new ways to explore the city especially when it came to trying new foods and investigating new music. With music, all our tastes vary except for one genre that is my epitome of nostalgia and that would be grunge. The irony of the fact that my family is so grunge-rooted, from Seattle, and all born in the 90’s is definitely on my radar don’t get me wrong, but as cliche as it may be it will forever hold a very special place in my heart. Soundgarden, Pearl Jam, Nirvana, Alice in Chains, Audioslave just to name a few bands that are near and dear to me.

Furthermore, food on the other hand is something that we all can agree brings people together across various cultures, families, and friends. In my family, trying new food was HUGE. We all find so much happiness in finding new flavors and dissecting what went into creating such incredible and diverse food. In Seattle, there is a restaurant owner named Tom Douglas who overall is someone that I have such a large amount of respect for. He has changed the restaurant game and I will always look up to him. Owning over fifteen different restaurants, he explores a variety of different cultures and has helped me develop a relationship with food that makes me the person I am today.

All in all, food and music will forever be two things that I turn to in the best times, the worst times, and the times needed to help me further develop my personality and discover who the heck I am. Screen Shot 2018-04-04 at 3.13.40 PM

3 thoughts on “Some Context…

1. Taylor

Food and Music have always been a major part of my life as well My dad and I in particular love going to concerts together and through music is the main way the two of us bond. My mother and sister don’t like the same kind of music we do but we respect each others preferences.

2. Hailey Cowlthorp

Hello Lauren! I have a deep love for food and music as well! those two things help me cope with whatever i’m going through. I really liked the part when you talk about how often you and your family branch out to try new places to eat! I though that was really cool! I wish you the best of luck this term!