“The Sacrifice” by Emmett Crass

I’ll be honest, I had a really hard time figuring out what to do for my project. I thought about maybe doing a video composed of how my voice has changed on hormones recently since when I think of “5” I think of the five years I waited to start transitioning. I’m pretty sure being in our own video is against the rules though so I cut that idea. Then I decided it would be fun to animate the 5 favorite things my cat likes to do which are 1. Sleep 2. Play 3. Run 4. Eat 5. Sacrifice Souls. This lead to three days spent working and figuring out my computer wasn’t strong enough to do what I wanted and it would take me far too long to finish.

This is when I decided to switch up parts of the project I had planned. At first I wanted to do the whole thing as an animation, but then changed it to being mostly snapshots with some animation to be able to finish everything in the time I was given.

This entire project had me in Animate, Illustrator, Photoshop, Audition, Premiere Pro, and Media Encoder. I’m honestly only truly used to using Photoshop and Animate so I felt like I was trying to learn a lot of programs and figuring out how to piece them together to my best ability.

I really like how “The Sacrifice” turned out in the end. Even though I was jumping around in new programs for hours and my cat often refused to act out the scenes as I told her to, it was really fun to make. Figuring out the audio and pairing it with the story was my favorite part and I enjoyed making the title sequence.

There was a lot more I wanted to do with this project and I will probably go back and fix it up more.

I hope you all like it!

2 thoughts on ““The Sacrifice” by Emmett Crass