Welcome!

Photo on 1-17-18 at 2.22 PM

As indicated above, I’m Zach. I joined Media Arts just over a year ago, I’ve had a great time so far. I grew up in Eugene and even attended part of a class back in 2004. I moved to Portland for five or so years, then me and my wife decided southern Oregon was worth experiencing. After three years we decided to move back to Eugene. Now I’m in school and it’s great. I’ll try to post stuff I make here.  I’m not much of a blogger or social media person, but I have a feeling that’s going to have to change soon.

I have the luxury of working on campus in the media services department.  I shoot all the college events that require video.  this is a pretty sweet job compared to what I have done in the past.  before I started school , I was a weatherization technician.  this means I went into people’s attics and crawl spaces to install insulation.  this is a terrible job and I don’t recommend it.  I am really happy that I am now in my element.  working with audio and video to create stuff is awesome and I cant wait to share what I create.

Good day to you all,

Zach Lyons