Did Anyone Else Find This In Their Inbox?

I found this audio file in my inbox the other day and from what it sounds like, it’s an advert for a haunted house. I don’t know what The House Of The Black Mirror is, and don’t bother looking online, I couldn’t find anything substantial. The guy in the clip talks about going where the road meets the water, so I thought maybe it’d be somewhere along the Willamette. It’s all so weird. I forgot to mention that the email I found this in didn’t have a sender listed, so I’m thinking maybe I got hacked or maybe this is all just a big prank, anyways… I was listening to the audio and noticed something in the background that was kind of unsettling (besides the fact the whole thing is kind of unsettling), there were voices under the main vocal track. I can’t quite understand what they’re saying though. It’s not like any language I’ve ever heard before, but it’s familiar somehow. The whole deal is kind of creeping me out, so I decided to share it with you and get your thoughts on it. Any ideas on what it means by “where the road meets the water.”? Or what the voices in the background are saying? Has anyone ever heard of The House Of The Black Mirror? And does anyone know why I can still hear that weird ambient whistling from the advertisement even though I closed the Media player an hour or two ago?

The goal of this post was to get everyone involved in what’s called an Alternate Reality Game, or ARG. An ARG is an online storytelling method that is affected by input from the viewers. Popular ARG’s in the past include; Marble Hornets, a found-footage style horror, and The Lizzie Bennet Diaries, a modernized adaption of Jane Austen’s Pride and Prejudice a la vlog.

One thought on “Did Anyone Else Find This In Their Inbox?

1. jeremie balek

i found the audio kinda creepy. i also think you did alot of research on this and things similar found in your post i found it to be entertaining.