About Me

IMG_20171002_101956My name is Alexander Koester, but you can call me Alex. I am 24 years old and grew up in the Midwest by the Ohio/ Michigan boarder. I have been living in Eugene for almost four years. I am happy to be away from the flat and dirt of the Midwest. Currently I am a graphic design major at Lane Community College. I am in the second year program and plan on graduating in spring of 2018. I work at Sizzle Pie in downtown Eugene. An interesting fact about me is I love trains and the railroad.

When I am not in class or work I try to stay busy with other hobbies. I enjoy to go skateboarding and hanging out with friends. I play the drums but unfortunately my drum set is still in the Midwest. I love photography and taking photos. I try to take my camera most places I go because you never know what there is to capture. I do art in a lot of different mediums. My favorite mediums are acrylic, charcoal, and pastels. Art is a big part of my life. It always seems like I have five art projects in the works at one time.

I do not know exactly what I want to do when I graduate. I would be interested in getting into advertising or layout design for magazines or newspapers. In type2 we created three magazine templets and it was one of my favorite projects at Lane. I am hoping by spring I will have what I want to do nailed down.