UO VS SMU Lacrosse Highlights/Recap

I originally filmed two games and planned to have my friends on the team, Sam Jarman-Miller (#41) and Chris Damewood (#42) talk about the games through voice over. However, 3 minutes wasn’t enough time to set the atmosphere I wanted to. So instead, I just focused on one game I filmed, Oregon Ducks VS SMU Mustangs. I decided to just show the highlights of this game because the Ducks game the night before SMU, against Simon Fraser, was a blowout win for the Ducks. I wanted to show a close, gritty game between two good lacrosse teams.

I started the video with the pregame rituals, the huddle and the face off. After that I wanted to demonstrate the physicality of the game of lacrosse, because I imagine not many people have watched a lacrosse game or know the rules on checking (hitting) your opponent cleanly. Then, of course, what’s sports highlights without the goals scored. I wanted to mainly focus on the Ducks offensive possessions trying to get my friends on camera scoring a goal for my original storyboard plan with them doing voice over of the game and their teams strategy. Instead I decided to put together a recap of highlights from this overtime thriller. Even though the Ducks were defeated by SMU, I really enjoyed watching them play and filming their games. Enjoy!

Music By Eric Parsons A.K.A Puffy, here’s a link to his soundcloud page below: https://soundcloud.com/puffy-beats