Getting Lost

This project was focused on recreating the feeling of new love. From my original poetry piece Getting Lost to the gentle sound of spring rain to the sound of a fire crackling. I wanted to recreate the breathless, gentle and sometimes overwhelmingly sweet feeling of love. This project taught me how to play with gain to bring a track up or down; but more importantly gave me the skills to learn how to record quietly. It took a few takes to get my voice this clear. I edited and played around with this track, but I ended up uploading the track I first finished. My voice sometimes is drowned out by the music, but I think that lends to the overall feeling of the poem–getting lost. Before this project, I had little experience with Audacity, mostly just changing the gain, not importing several tracks. However, I find myself enamored with audio tools and look forward to the net project that leads me to a recording studio. I wouldn’t say that I’ve mastered audacity, but I came out with exactly what I went into trying to create, and that makes me happy.  I hope you enjoy it as much as I do.

Chris, this is for you.

credit to bensound for the music track find it here

img “My Love” by me