Our Introduction [F16-P1 About Me]

dsc04355

My name is Alexander Driskill, or Xander for short. I am a first year student at LCC, but I am no stranger to College. My first attempt at College started in ’08, but with no direction I floundered and dropped out, thinking it just wasn’t for me. Now I’m trying my hand at it again with a clear direction in the Multimedia Design Program.

My hope is that when I finish here I’ll be proficient in Video and Audio Production, skills that I believe will supplement my proficiency in photography. My current interest with Video Production is creating Music Videos, as Cosplay Music Videos (CMV) has been very inspiring to me. As for Audio Production, I want to create a Podcast or an Audio Drama for people to enjoy.

I’ve been a photographer for over two years and while I started off as a portrait photographer, it quickly veered off toward Cosplay Photography. I have been to several conventions in the PNW (Pacific Northwest) and am currently staffing two, Kumoricon and Newcon PDX, as a Photographer.

In my spare time, outside of photography, I consume lots of media, like Youtube Videos, Episodes of Anime, TED Talks, Podcasts, and more. I love Roleplaying Games, such as Dungeons & Dragons, and I love World Building. My current World Building project consists of developing the setting of a city that is run by Intelligent Undead and has a heavy influence from Film Noir, a film genre popularized by Private Investigator stories.