About Me

cashmere
Cashmere and I

Hi, my name is Jordan Rich. I am 20 years old and a Gemini if that means something to you. This is my second year at LCC. I am a political science major but I also love journalism. I got the awesome opportunity to become the opinion writer at the Torch here on campus.

Right now I live with my girlfriend Frankie, her dog Petey, my cat Cashmere and our three other roommates in a house near the University of Oregon. I currently spend my free time watching Youtube videos or playing League of Legends or Pokemon Go.

I am interested in Multimedia because I understand the importance of adapting journalism into accessible online content with visual and audio elements. Some of the things people do with their video editing simply amazes me and I would love to get to a level of skill where I could create the content that I want to see.

Before moving to Eugene for college I lived in Cave Junction, a small time in southern Oregon. It was impossible to get decently fast internet there. For the same price here you get ten times the speed  and as an internet junkie I think that is my favorite part about moving here.

I am introverted and fairly shy but I won’t let that stop me from trying to become a better person. I am really hoping for a great term full of growth and success.