32 Flavors

20150822_140542_hdr-2

Every once in a while, you get a chance to start over. I married early and had many small children soon. My entire twenties were spent taking care of my four kids. I was pregnant and/or nursing nonstop for over seven years. When the youngest went to kindergarten, I finally got to work on what I wanted to be when I grew up. My path led me to going back to school to pursue a career in multimedia arts. My current career goal is to help an entertainment company make beautiful media. I restarted my college education last year by taking art and digital media classes at Linn Benton Community College. I transferred to Lane when I realized they had the perfect degree for my goals.

I have been married for twelve years to my balancing force, Kyle. He is the yin to my yang, the left brain to my right brain, the Greg to my Dharma, and my partner in crime. We’ve learning lots of communication and parenting skills together as we raise our kids. We’ve weathered having many small children, him working through beginning years teaching/being the only tech person at a school, and my deconversion from our shared religion a few years back. Our kids are full of enthusiasm and fun, with a variety of emerging personality traits. As a family, we’re all into board games, outdoor adventures, and Hayoa Miyazaki movies.

fampic1
Extended Family. We’re the six on the far right.

I am a secular humanist and very passionate about human rights. My ENFP personality means I love interacting with people, brainstorming lots of ideas, pursuing highly creative hobbies and jobs, and I am strongly intuitive with feelings and communication. I’ve tried out many different creative hobbies. The ones that have stuck around longest are photography, fiber arts (knitting, crochet, yarn spinning), and 2D art forms (drawing, oil painting, and digital illustration).  You can see my portfolio online here.

Favorites:

Music artists: Florence and Machine, Foster the People, Haim

Shows: Orange is the New Black, Modern Family, Stein’s Gate, Fullmetal Alchemist

Podcasts: Alice Isn’t Dead, Snap Judgement, Two Dope Queens

Foods: Thai food, brownies, and coffee

eba534_ff127f32973b43cc99eead3f181c8bb5-mv2_d_2153_2839_s_2
A Retro Poster Recreation I made using Adobe Illustrator

This term, I’m very excited about learning the concepts of 4D design and adding film to my creative pursuits. I’m equally excited to work with others and see their creative styles. I’m Diana, and thanks for reading. If you’re dropping a comment, I’d like to know a movie or show that you love to watch over and over.

7 thoughts on “32 Flavors

1. Jordan Rich

Miyazaki films are so wonderful. Also I am secular as well and strive to spread basic human values through that. I don’t like to watch any movies or shows over and over because I love seeing new things. But Deathnote is one that I’ve watched twice in animated form and once in live action and loved all of it.

2. writemyessay

Parenting skills are necessary even when you are a teacher or a tutor. In the meantime, students become more than just learners and you notice that you can’t just stand by and watch them studying, you need to be a part of their lives.

3. online homework help

There are a lot of businesses at stands that discussion to you about the alumni occupations that their organizations give. You find the opportunity to pose any inquiries and perhaps get a few contacts and a foot in the entryway. It’s normally a smart thought to spruce up a bit and make yourself respectable, in addition, to take a few CVs with you.