Pitchfork

Pitchfork is an online magazine music blog, that really focuses on giving their audience the newest and coolest music before anyone else. I first found out about them when I was at boarding school. This boarding school gave their students limited internet access, and Pitchfork fulfilled my music needs and then some. Providing stories of artists and reviews of albums, they pretty much live it all. On top of all that, they put on two music festivals every year. One in Paris and the other in Chicago. I’ve attended the one in Chicago twice, and let me tell you it is quite the fashion scene. I felt out-of-place without a man bun or no facial piercings for a second. But the vibes there are all super friendly.

The website is really well put together and gives you so many different way to find out about artists and their latest music. They always write reviews of albums right after they are released. An acquaintance of mine from back home just recently got mentioned on Pitchfork when they gave his newest LP a review. He received an 8.0 not bad for a 19 year-olds first project.

The site gives you this little tab for all the newest songs that you must listen to. There have been so many amazing songs I have found just from that little new music tab. They always have articles on artists gossip and what not. They always have photographers and reporters at all the hottest festivals and big shows. But they always seem to keep their whole persona on the D.L. They aren’t as big as some other magazine/blogs because they don’t actually publish anything on paper.

All in all, if you are looking for some good new music and a way to inform yourself on what is going on in the music world, defintely check out http://pitchfork.com/

One thought on “Pitchfork

1. Milton Pareta

I checked out the website and I really love the organization of the blog plus the details of the music production of each blog. I loved it.