Just a L.A. Kid away from home.

image

Hello,

My name is Milton Pareta and I’m a film major. I grew up in Los Angeles, California and recently moved to Oregon last June. I know it sounds ironic that I moved from the film capital of the world to Oregon. Well it’s a bit of a story of why I moved to Oregon. I was going to Cal State Fullerton for about five years. I was going through personal and financial problems which made me move back to Los Angeles. I moved into a friend’s house. Last June I came to visit a friend who was graduating at the University of Oregon. It was a Saturday night we all went out and after the bars we went back home. On the way back from the bars a taxi driver ran two red lights while speeding and t-bone the car I was in. From this accident I suffered multiple injuries.  I spent two weeks in the hospital and few months rehabbing. I decided to stay in Oregon because of medical reason and it’s more affordable than Los Angeles.

Downtown Los Angeles

Griffith Observatory

I love to explore and try new things. Living in a big city there’s a lot of activities to do. Eugene in the other hand I have a hard time finding activities. It made me think Eugene as a farm town with nothing to do. Since I was a little kid movies have always been my passion. My goal in life is to win an Academy Award. I want to become a screenwriter but learn everything about film. I had an internship at a talent agency out in the Miracle Mile which taught me the business part. Hard work and dedication will help reach my goals.

Urban Lights at LACMA

Santa Monica Pier

by

Milton Pareta

2 thoughts on “Just a L.A. Kid away from home.

1. hughest

Great post! Thanks for sharing your story. Glad you’re doing well after that accident. Happy you decided to stay in Eugene. There’s lots to do here…maybe you can get together with some classmates and explore the area. I can hook you up with others who share the same passion for film…come see me! Teresa