For my image editing project I decided to feature the Iron Brewer collaboration at KLCC’s brewfest. There were five ingredients divided among ten groups of two breweries. They had to work with ginger, lemongrass, juniper berry, peppercorns, and maple syrup. It was a lot of fun filming. Bonus: I got to taste some tasty brew.
As fun as it was filming at brewfest, it was also just as challenging. In a crowded room it is very difficult to get the money shot when quarters are so close, and I had no idea how the noise would affect my audio. Not to mention my husband was as sick as a dog. I felt so bad for him, but he was a trooper. Now that I think about it, I’m sure he was feeling pretty good around the fourth taste. Beer is apparently great for colds.
After gathering all my footage and resources for my project I was really excited to put everything together. I have worked with several adobe creative cloud programs, but never premier pro. As I sat there staring at my computer screen, occasionally hitting a button or two to see what happens and fantastically failing, Tuesday could not come fast enough. I needed guidance!
Thanks to my wonderful husband by the time Tuesday arrived I was in full-blown sick mode. Where were my medicinal beers? They were no where to be found as I tried to absorb all of the wonderful premier pro tips during class. I could not focus on anything but the need for sleep. I had been waiting for this important information and here I am feeling a little like egor with spittle running out the corner of my mouth. Needless to say I took in as much information as possible and hoped for the best.
When my head cleared and I was finally able to get down to real work things started to fall apart. I quickly realized all my audio was shot. Between the ambient noise and my husbands constant sneezing it all had to be scratched. Bring in the music! It took me quite a while for me to find a royalty free song that I thought went with the feeling I was trying to convey. That is not to say I don’t have issues with it. I do. However I am content with the outcome.
Showing up to class on the day it was due with only half of it complete was a bit scary. I really wanted to have a fun presentation, however I still needed help. Thanks, Teresa for the tips. This project was really enjoyable for me, and I hope to continue creating with premier pro. There are just so many things to learn and I want to know them all.
I really think everyone did a great job! It is amazing to see such talent and I look forward to seeing what everyone comes up with for the final.