“Into The White” – By Forrest Emery

For this project, I wanted to go above and beyond what was required. This was a great opportunity to dive into audio engineering, which is something I’m interested in pursuing at LCC. My initial idea was to read a fable and overdub it with sound effects, that way I could focus solely on the audio side of it and not so much on the creative side. In trying this approach first, I realized that I wasn’t passionate about the subject matter I was reading and trying to create sound effects for, which made it difficult to make anything good or really get that into what I was doing. I decided to course correct and start completely from scratch. I spent an afternoon writing my “script,” and the next day, I went for it. Even though it was stressful at times, I had a blast recording this. After a while, it seemed like my editing would never end, but obviously it did, and I couldn’t be more happy with the way this turned out. There are some clipping issues here and there, and it could have been mixed a bit better, but for my first attempt at a project like this, I’m really proud of myself. I hope you guys enjoy it!

Spoiler alert: Just kidding, I wouldn’t do that to you.

White Background

This is the picture I used to accompany my track. I liked the idea of having the image be blank because that’s not what people are used to, and I think it grabs them.

And here’s the track itself:

https://soundcloud.com/lebrayn-jomms/ima-f15-emery-forrest-p4audio