Motionographer

http://motionographer.com/

Motionographer

When we received this assignment, I wasn’t expecting to find a blog I would want to keep checking up on. Then I found Motionographer. The name itself is clever, and the blog itself is well designed. Taken from the “about” page:

Motionographer (pronounced like “oceanographer”) seeks to be a source of inspiration for filmmakers, animators and designers by sharing:

• Outstanding work from studios, freelancers and students.
  • Feature stories that give readers a deep understanding of the work we like and the industry we love.
  • Commentary that sparks discussion or introspection.
  • Miscellaneous items that Motionographer contributors find interesting.

Motionographer isn’t just about motion design. Inspiration can come from anywhere, and the Motionographer contributors hope to provide you with interesting material regardless of the medium in which it was created.”

This blog is, as it states above, a wonderful source of information and inspiration. It shares everything from music videos and short films to video game trailers and reviews to interviews and beautiful animations. I’ve linked some examples of what I enjoyed above. I plan on coming back to this blog regularly, searching for inspiration and motivation; two things I’m in need of. The blog is managed and updated regularly by a duo of creative people who’ve had the blog since 2006 and will continue to use it for (hopefully!) many more years.