From Mermaids to Pyrotechnics

I was thrilled to come across Benjamin Von Wong’s photography blog.  He does amazing fantasy inspired photo shoots and gets to travel to beautiful countries to produce these photographs.  Whats not to be inspired by?

http://www.vonwong.com/blog/

Screen Shot 2015-10-15 at 8.53.43 AM

Screen Shot 2015-10-15 at 8.52.57 AM

Besides just being in awe of the work he has produced and the creative thinking that went into each project, he actually tells you how he pulled off the image. On most of his recent posts he lists the ISO, f stop, and shutter speed settings used to make the image.

Screen Shot 2015-10-15 at 9.55.26 AM

He also gives tutorials and tips for accomplishing unique style and photography tricks to use in your own work. One post in titled, ” How to get free epic models”, he talks about just getting out there and crashing events, insert yourself into the situation. I really think his blog is meant to inspire people and get them to start thinking creatively without the “I cant do it” attitude.

Another thing I found to be helpful, he has an entire section that talks about what equipment he uses. Theres a picture of the object followed by a short description, and sometimes the reason why he likes to use it. I think thats information that can be golden to someone who is just starting out with photography. Everyone wants to know what a professional uses in their work. I think the quality of the information provided in the blog is supported by the images that are products of that information.

The site looks very professional and well produced. The video at the top really draws you into the articles, and has an overview of what the blog entails. I feel that a lot of effort is put into the blog, and I appreciate creative wit he puts into the titles of his entries.

I found a new favorite artist and blog.

Screen Shot 2015-10-15 at 10.17.26 AMScreen Shot 2015-10-15 at 10.18.17 AMScreen Shot 2015-10-15 at 10.19.45 AM