Who Am I?

I am not Jean Valjean, but I do enjoy a good musical! My name is Ashley and I was born in Maryland, but I call Boulder, Colorado my home! I love being outdoors. Whether it is biking, hiking, swimming, reading, or just enjoying the fresh air, it brings me joy. Another thing that makes me happy is music. I joined band in 5th grade and absolutely fell in love with it. I started out playing the alto saxophone and then switched to tenor in 7th grade to play in my school’s jazz band! I’ve stuck with the tenor ever since. In high school, I was introduced to the world marching band! My school took second place at state my senior year which was a huge accomplishment for us! This year is my 8th year being in a marching band and every year has brought new friendships and new experiences! It saddens me to think that soon it’ll be over. This Saturday will be our third official performance at a home game and I’m super excited about it! This year looks like it’ll be an exciting one!! I also absolutely love movies, TV, theatre, etc. which is what brings me here!

After discovering that pursuing science wasn’t the right path for me, I realized that there was a place for me in media. It’s only week 2, but I’m already 100 times happier and more excited with my current and future classes! After completing this program, I hope to be able to put my newly acquired skills to good use. I haven’t taken very many classes yet, but Animation and Audio Production have been the ones that have really stuck out so far! I can’t wait to see where this takes me!

-Ashley

One thought on “Who Am I?