The one, the only, the champion of the people!

fbpp
Salutations!
So who am I and why should you care?! Well I am Kendrick Taylor, a student of the University of Oregon and LCC. A few of my hobbies include Track & Field, baking, gaming, playing piano, and drawing. A few of my favorite shows/series include: Supernatural, Criminal Minds, FMA, and Game of Thrones. My favorite movie is between “Lord of the Rings: Fellowship of the Ring” and “The Legend of 1900” ( The Hobbit was terrible). I enjoy playing the piano, all though I was never formally taught. My favorite games of all time are: Super Smash Brothers Melee, Halo ( all but the 4th!), Timesplitters, Kingdom of Hearts, and WOW ( everything after WOTLK doesn’t exist). As for music I enjoy anything from New Age music to the hip-hop genre. Ratatat to Kendrick Lamar. Drake to Whitesnake. The Killers to Boyz ll Men. Hans Zimmer/Howard Shore to Wu-Tang. Just about everything across the board!

So what do I wish to accomplish with my skills and education?
When I finish the Media Arts program here at Lane, and finish my Digital Arts degree at the UO; I would like to continue to the Savannah College of Art & Design (SCAD). From there I will internship and finally land a job at Blizzard, a giant in the gaming industry. At Blizzard I plan to be a concept artist/cinematic animator. I want to bring the entirety of my wild imagination and stories to life. By that I mean all the characters, plots, environments, and everything that I have ever thought of; forged into a tangible concrete creation that can be experienced by all. I want my creation to join the melting pot of media that forms a pillar of one’s youth, in which years later someone will still remember and hold my creations dear; much like the experience I had growing up. Whether this be through creating a Massively Multiplayer Online game (MMO) or through drawing, I want my stories told!

Overall I’m pretty much an athletic geek, so if you ever want to go on an outdoor adventure, make obscure references, talk about why the eagles couldn’t just fly The Ring to the fires of Mt Doom, who would win between Captain America or Wolverine (or any fictional characters), or just bake brownies; I’m your guy!

The picture at the top is of me running Track & Field for UO-RC on the University of Oregon’s Historic Hayward Field!

By: Kendrick Taylor