Draw my Life – Short Story “Annie”

So there was this trend on youtube a while back called “Draw My Life”… where you would draw your life on a whiteboard and then narrate to your drawings! I saw one a few weeks ago and really wanted to try it. It’s a lot harder than it seems and there’s so much editing to do 🙁 Before I was finished I thought “This is a neat project but I’m not doing something like this again.” But when I saw the finished product I thought it was pretty spiffy and might consider sometime in the future of doing something like it with a few different approaches/techniques.

The story I wanted to tell is my own! It’s based on how I got my very first dog Annie and the struggled/triumphs we both went through. As a little kid I only ever wanted a dog, and as a dog Annie only ever wanted a person to love! She’s pretty old now, almost fifteen, and is slowing down noticeably. I’m glad I was able to do a tribute for someone so important in my life!

11 thoughts on “Draw my Life – Short Story “Annie”

1. Marla

Christa ~ I love this! Your illustrations are wonderful, as is the story. You did a great job on the narration and music tracks as well. Nice job.

2. Rich Robison

I was very engaged in the story. Your drawings are simple, yet they tell story beautifully! If you do decide to make another one I’d suggest adding sound effects. I can tell you spent a lot of time on this and it’s impressive.

3. yassmine talhi

This is a long story, but once I was on my period and I was complaining about it to my friend on one text. And then my crush, on the other line or text thing was texting me about random stuff.
    Basically, I asked my crush if he was going to bed, and he said yes. So I said “fine.”
    Then, he texted me and said that periods make me sound angry. I was so scared that what I texted my friend I accidentally texted him. So I told him, “how did you know that I was on my period?”
    Totally unaware that he meant that the period after the word “fine” was what he was talking about.
    Idk if that story made any sense but it was really embarrassing
    my blog: https://abdelshop.com

4. Jones Jr and Tyson

Mike Tyson vs Roy Jones live free are still a big deal in the boxing world and their fight has got people conflicted over whether it’s something they’d want to watch and whether or not it should be happening all together.

In their primes, Jones Jr and Tyson were special fighters who transcended the sport. They both left legacies that will live forever but the lure of the ring has brought them back for one last dance