Cheesy Goodness in Video Form

Enjoy my interpretation of 5 in “5 Grilled Cheese Sandwiches in 5 Days.” https://vimeo.com/marsartspace/cheesygoodness

I had a couple of different ideas for “5” as a video project, but after hearing about the “Grilled Cheese Experience,” a benefit for Food for Lane County, I decided to have some fun, try some new restaurants, and give back to an excellent organization while completing this assignment.  Don’t you just love it when things come together like that?

The Grilled Cheese Experience is the brain-child of Anna Williams, a senior at the UO and an intern at Food for Lane County. The project involved 15 local food carts and restaurants all serving their version of the grilled cheese sandwich.  For every sandwich purchased, $1-$2 was donated to Food for Lane County.

This was a really fun project and helped stretch my video, photographic, and audio skills.  My sister was my partner in fun in this great adventure.  I put it all together using iMovie because that is the video editing program I’m most familiar with.  I did have some frustrations with iMovie but overall, the project went well.

One difficulty was having the perfect narration track and then having Teresa discover a glitch in it.  I’m really glad she did because I hadn’t heard it in the original recording, but it meant rerecording the narration and that’s when everything went wrong. All my audio equipment and programs refused to play nice together and I was concerned that I’d not get a good take.  However, the planets aligned, the cards stacked up, and the fates smiled down on me and I was able to get a clean track.  Phew…

A shout-out to Teresa for her great thoughts and guidance on this project. I think your suggestions really pushed it from good to great.

I hope you enjoy it.  And even though the Grilled Cheese Experience is over, feel free to head to your favorite restaurant or food cart, ask for a grilled cheese sandwich, and donate a couple of bucks yourself to Food for Lane County.

Audio Credits – All Sounds from freesound.org:

Music:  Acoustic Sunrise – Apple Garage Band loop

One thought on “Cheesy Goodness in Video Form

1. Richard Robison

Great now I’m hungry! What an excellent video! The sound and images were clean. I especially liked the last section where you spoke while it scrolled through images. Very professional and well done! Have you made videos before?