P3 Blog Search

My penchant for photography began with my first film camera ten years ago. At that time digital photography was still developing and few people had access to this new technology. At first, it was difficult to take pictures that my eye thought was the best, but the composition and the  developed picture was far from what I was expecting. Frustration was always constant and there was a very high economic costs to enter this world of photography. Today, thanks to new technological tools and new digital cameras, I am able to develop an advanced interest and technique for this art.

Following my learning about photography, I wanted to explore photography as a professional career. Since my first photograph, I have been gathering information that has helped influence and direct my desire to do professional photography.

Of the many photography blogs that exist within WordPress, I found one containing what interests me. It offers a variety of formats and especially composition techniques. The page is http://www.photofocus.com. (Education and inspiration for visual storytellers).

http://photofocus.com

Screen Shot 2015-04-22 at 6.29.58 AM

Blogs are written by different photographers authors, some titles include, “The Advantages Of Square Format Photography”, “Five Items For The Cold Weather Photographer”, “There’s Just 1 Trick to Photographing Glasses”, “Removing Noise With Lightroom”, “Photoshop and Photojournalism”. Finally, a variety of personal content that allows the reader to find accurate information on some projects they have in mind and discover new ones. There are also unlimited photographic resources, consequently eliminating any questions or doubts a reader may have. It  offers quite broad and diverse information and most of it uses pretty simple language, especially for me, considering that my second language is English.

I am also interested in learning about images in motion. I was very surprised to see that  the blog included video format. What caught my attention was the title “Video for photographers”. In conjunction with Adobe, this blog explains components of Adobe like , Adobe Creative Cloud and Adobe Photoshop for Photography CC, lightroom,  and Premier pro. I should learn all these components and get a little experience with them. Just as in photography, several authors explain techniques in plain language and help teach their personal tips, such as: 3 tips for time -lapses worth keeping, Working with transitions and titles in photoshop, Developing Video Files With Adobe Camera Raw, and many more.

Screen Shot 2015-04-22 at 6.29.58 AM

If you intend to develop your photographic art, it is worth it to go into this blog.  It is full of information that will enable anyone interested in photography and video to have a broader understanding of these two art forms.