P6 Final Project

So this will be one of my last posts for this class. We’ve finally reached the point of our final project for my media arts class! We were allowed to do anything we wanted to, and I originally had the idea of a music video with my friend. When my friend bailed on me (that’s showbiz, kid), I was offered to team up with my friends Brian and Derek. Brian told me that they were doing a music video as well, so naturally I was intrigued. He also told me that the girl they originally were planning to use was very flaky. He said that he originally imagined me as the lead in the music video. Needless to say, I was flattered.

Once they extended me the offer to act in what was now our project, I was ecstatic. I had never had much experience acting, and was always under the impression I couldn’t. I was definitely very nervous. I was really hoping that my facial expressions could convey what we were after.

The original story that he explained to me is it’s a first person video in black & white, and it’s a guy going through his daily routine. He wakes up, gets ready for the day, meets his friends, goes to a bar, etc. It’s like he’s basically going through the motions of his life. Then he goes to a park where he used to spend a lot of time with his girlfriend. It all fades to color and she appears. He starts to reminisce what it was like to be with her. You definitely feel the tone of the vide change. Then all of a sudden, she’s gone and it changes to black and white.

He starts to walk to the bridge and he’s looking out across the water. All of a sudden, she appears again. She walks forward and takes his hand. You see clips of what it was like for them to be together. You really feel the happiness and light she brought to his life. It then fades back to black & white, he looks to his left and she’s gone. The video ends with him walking down towards the lake to convey a feeling of loneliness, which is definitely apparent. The original ending was supposed to be that you would see him pull out an urn, and it was supposed to show that it was his late girlfriend. It’s more of a tragic ending, but unfortunately the video could only be 3 minutes maximum.

There’s also one other thing I’d like to touch on. The music! The song we used (and got permission for), was “For Someone” by the band called Why? Very interesting name I thought. The song is absolutely perfect. It starts out with a strong back beat, and the way the camera is showing clips from his life is timed very well. When the female lead comes in, the song slows down and is more relaxing. I couldn’t think of a better song.

When it comes to my experience, it was so fun! It was great to walk around with Brian and Derek and see their creative minds collaborate with mine. Brian was a great director, he gave good direction and Derek gave a lot of great ideas that we used. His storyboard was impeccable! We would all throw out ideas, our creativity  definitely fed off each other. I’ve admired both of their work that I’ve seen in this class, and was so fortunate to work with them. The weather was unusual for Eugene but I definitely couldn’t complain. It was so fun to show different parts of Eugene. It was great exposure, and something I definitely want to keep doing.

Hope you enjoy!

Sincerely,

Hannah

12 thoughts on “P6 Final Project

1. Spirit Phone Number

Earlier I used to search for this type of matter but least could I find then. But after coming to your website, I am extremely happy to say that finally I got what I always used to search for. Well, if ask me, I work in Spirit Phone Number. If any viewer reading my comment wants to book their tickets at the lowest rates, I can help you out on this. We provide great offers and deals on booking air journey with us.

2. United Reservations

For further information about the airline’s services provided by United Airlines. You can visit our United Reservations Official Website. Or else, you can also call our United Reservation Phone Number. Our representative will connect your line with the department according to your question raised. You will get the best assistance from our representatives and resolve your queries and make you fully fulfilled.

3. Spirit Airlines Customer Services

Our travel assistant helps to every time at Spirit Airlines Customer Services, we are available 24/7 and offering very service booking moments Call us at our Spirit Airlines Customer Services. You can make a comfortable travel plan that when you travel to your cherished destination with the luxury it isn’t too heavy on your pocket. We wait for your calls. You can speak on a toll-free number without any charges.

4. Frontier Airlines Reservations

Frontier Airlines Reservations provides you with easy refund and cancellation facilities, so your money is secured in any kind of adversities. Make sure to visit our website for further information regarding booking flight tickets and the latest offers.

5. Lufthansa Airlines Phone Number

I would like to appreciate you for your genuine information and efforts to make our lives easier. As I know about this field, I can tell that you’ve provided the correct information to the readers. By the way, hey! I work at Lufthansa Airlines. If you’re looking to book your flights, just give us a call at Lufthansa Airlines Phone Number. We will offer you great deals and discounts on your journey.