Starting in September 2018, we brought back the Honors Program and have made a lot of progress creating opportunities for students!
This year, we are offering the following honors classes:
- ANTH 102_H: World Archaeology
- ART 115_H: Basic Design
- BI 101_H: General Biology
- COMM 111_H: Fundamentals of Public Speaking
- COOP 280_H: Co-op Ed: Service Learning
- ENG 105_H: Introduction to Literature: Drama
- ENG 106_H: Introduction to Literature: Poetry
- WR 121_H: Introduction to Academic Writing
- WR 122_H: Composition: Argument, Style and Research
- WR 227_H: Technical Writing
- WR 242_H: Introduction to Imaginative Writing: Poetry
Partnering with Phi Theta Kappa
The Director of the Writing Center, Casey Reid, and I are now the advisors for Lane’s Sigma Zeta Chapter of Phi Theta Kappa. We will be bringing the chapter back in winter of 2019! Honors students can hold leadership positions in PTK to fulfill their experiential learning requirement. Also, we will hold workshops for both Honors and PTK to help students build and maintain ePortfolios, create research posters, and develop their resumes.
We reinstated our agreement with Portland State University’s Honors College. Students completing our program can transfer directly into their college as juniors.
We are in the process of reinstating our agreement with Southern Oregon University’s Honors College.
We are also in conversation with the University of Oregon’s Clark Honors College, which is interested in developing a transfer agreement with us.
Watch for more details on these last two agreements and other developments in 2019!