About this Blog

My name is Ce Rosenow, and I’m the faculty coordinator for the Lane Honors Program at Lane Community College. In helping to develop this program, I’ve drawn on my background in honors at the University of Oregon’s Robert D. Clark Honors College (CHC). For six years, I was a Visiting Assistant Professor of Literature. In this capacity, I taught upper and lower division classes, advised students, worked on admissions, and served on more than thirty thesis committees. This experience gave me insights into what it means to provide honors education at a four-year liberal arts college that is part of a larger research university. Working on a program for Lane meant adapting that knowledge for a two-year, open enrollment college. I have used this blog as a way to continue my inquiry into honors education as we moved from building our program to sustaining it. The program is now in its seventh year and, although it continues to grow, the college is planning to eliminate the program as part of a series of cuts related to the budget deficit. I will continue to post updates related to this proposed elimination and the status of the program for next year.