browser icon
You are using an insecure version of your web browser. Please update your browser!
Using an outdated browser makes your computer unsafe. For a safer, faster, more enjoyable user experience, please update your browser today or try a newer browser.

Notes From The Riverside

Posted by on February 23, 2012

Notes From The Riverside is the column I write for the Eugene Weekly. Once on radio, on a now defunct liberal talk radio station in Eugene, it was named after a Langston Hughes poem, as well as the Gary Bartz, Courtney Pine, and Sonia Sanchez jazz interpretations of that poem.

Article of Faith is about the birth of my granddaughter from my second born.

Precious Avatar is a thought experiment about not just walking in someone else’s shoes, but living in their body and seeing through their eyes.

Most recently I’ve taken a slightly new direction with The Preacher, a memetic alter ego after Langston’s Jesse Semple, or Derrick Bell’s Geneva Crenshaw. The Preacher is a combination of my Grandfather the Rev. C.A. Washington, Hamilton Boswell, James Hargett, Reverend Wright, Naim Akbar, Howard Thurman, with a bit of my Grandmothers in there for seasoning.

2 Responses to Notes From The Riverside

1. Mr WordPress

Hi, this is a comment.
    To delete a comment, just log in and view the post's comments. There you will have the option to edit or delete them.

2. harrism

This is the first actual blog, but I’ve been writing for some years.